What is IEC?
IEC Stands for IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE
Can Export/Import be made without IEC?
No. IEC forms a primary document for recognition by Govt. of India as an Exporter/ Importer.
What are the benefits of IEC?
On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council etc.
What are the documents needed for an IEC application?
Documents are listed below:
1. Bank Receipt /Demand Draft details evidencing payment of application fee of Rs. 250/-. DD should be in favour of Zonal JDGFT, New Delhi.
2. Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in Appendix 18A (Part B).
3. Self certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by Income Tax Authorities(both sides).
4. Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant. Photograph on the bankers certificate should be attested by the banker of the applicant.
5. Self addressed envelope duly stamped for Rs.15/-(for Local Address) & Rs.30/- (for Outstation).
6. These documents may be kept securely in a file cover.